In the field of search engine optimization or SEO, writing a strong homepage that will rank high in the engines and will read well with your site visitors can sometimes present a challenge.
Even to some seasoned SEO professionals.
Once you have clearly identified your exact keywords and key phrases, the exact location on your homepage where you will place those carefully researched keywords will have a drastic impact in the end results of your homepage optimization.
If you’re looking for some simple things that you can do to increase the position of your sites rank in the search engines or directories, this section will give you some hard hitting and simple tips that you can put into action right away.
SEO – What Should You Do Now?
It is worth cataloging the basic principles to be enforced to increase website traffic and search engine rankings.
- Create a site with valuable content, products or services.
- Place primary and secondary keywords within the first 25 words in your page content and spread them evenly throughout the document.
- Research and use the right keywords/phrases to attract your target customers and for SEO.
- Use your keywords in the right fields and references within your web page. Like Title, META tags, Headers, etc.
- Keep your website design simple so that your customers can navigate easily between web pages, find what they want and buy products and services.
- Submit your web pages i.e. every web page and not just the home page, to the most popular search engines and directory services. Hire someone to do so, if required. Be sure this is a manual submission. Do not engage an automated submission service.
- Keep track of changes in search engine algorithms and processes and accordingly modify your web pages so your SEO – search engine ranking remains high. Use online tools and utilities to keep track of how your website is doing.
- Monitor your competitors and the top ranked websites to see what they are doing right in the way of design, navigation, content, keywords, SEO etc.
- Use reports and logs from your web hosting company to see where your traffic is coming from. Analyze your visitor location and their incoming sources whether search engines or links from other sites and the keywords they used to find you.
- Make your customer visit easy and give them plenty of ways to remember you in the form of newsletters, free reports, reduction coupons etc.
- Demonstrate your industry and product or service expertise by writing and submitting articles for your website or for article banks so you are perceived as an expert in your field.
- When selling products online, use simple payment and shipment methods to make your customer?s experience fast and easy.
- When not sure, hire professionals for your SEO. Though it may seem costly, but it is a lot less expensive than spending your money on a website which no one visits.
- Don’t look at your website as a static brochure. Treat it as a dynamic, ever-changing sales tool and location, just like your real store to which your customers with the same seriousness. Take care of your SEO and have fun.