Introduction To Article Marketing
There are a few important ingredients to creating high performance Article Marketing campaigns…
… that maximize the overall effectiveness of your marketing efforts, while ensuring that you receive the most exposure possible from each article that you submit into the online directories.
First, writing an article on just any topic isn’t going to yield the results you’re looking for, if you haven’t first conducted keyword research to identify what your target audience is actively looking for, and the exact keywords and phrases they are using to be able to locate content on your topic.
This is fundamentally one of most critical elements of a successful article marketing campaign.
The closer you are able to target your prospective customer base with well written articles that incorporate primary keywords, the more traffic and exposure you will be able to generate.
Think about the possibilities if you carefully evaluated a niche market, creating keyword swipe files of highly relevant terms and phrases and incorporated them into the content for your article marketing campaign.
Not only will this help you position yourself within the search engines, but your visitors and readers will be exceptionally targeted! It all begins in researching and evaluating potential markets prior to creating your content.
Identifying Your Target Audience
Before we can begin to create our first article marketing campaign, we need to choose a topic for our articles. When evaluating potential topics, consider:
- What market do you plan to cater to?
- What products are you planning to promote?
- Are these niche markets evergreen?
- Are people currently purchasing products within this market?
- Are there affiliate products to promote?
Conducting market research is a critical part of becoming a successful article marketer if you intend on promoting affiliate based products. You need to place a severe focus on four critical elements to researching any niche market:
- 1 – Whether there are desperate buyers in the market who are eager to purchase a “solution” to an existing problem.
- 2 – The size of the market (how many buyers are currently purchasing products or services within this niche)
- 3 – Existing competition within the market. (You want competition, it means a viable and active market, however you need to ensure that the competition isn’t so thick that you will struggle to penetrate it)
- 4 – Quality and Quantity of the products in the market (you want to focus on markets that are evergreen and offer an abundance of products to promote in your article marketing campaigns.)
Visit http://www.Clickbank.com to begin.
Once inside of Clickbank’s marketplace, enter in keywords or keyword phrases that describe the niche that you are interested in. If you aren’t sure what topic to begin with, you can simply browse through the most recent products that were added to the ClickBank marketplace, or search through existing categories.
You will notice that with Clickbank, each product listing features specific information regarding its current stats.
Here is what these mean:
$/sale……. The amount of money you earn for each sale.
Future $… Average rebill revenue.
Total $/sale.. Average total $ per sale, including all rebills.
%/sale….. The percentage of the product sale price that the sale represents.
%/refd…… Fraction of publisher’s total sales that are referred by affiliates.
grav………. The measure of how many affiliates are promoting the product.
For each affiliate paid in the last 8 weeks Clickbank adds an amount between 0.1 and 1.0 to the total. The more recent the last referral, the higher the value added.
The Gravity indicator will tell you how well a product is selling. So a gravity score of 100 means a product is potentially selling better than one with a gravity score of 20. Focusing on what is currently selling will make it exceptionally easy to come with ideas for your own products, as well as what topics to write about.
From within the ClickBank marketplace, if you click on “Create Hoplink”, ClickBanks’ system will generate an affiliate link that is custom and assigned only to you. You will need to create a free ClickBank account prior to being able to generate an affiliate link for specific products.
Start by writing down a few topics from the marketplaces that are currently in demand. With each topic you write down, create your hoplink and copy and paste that into your text file so that you have it when it comes to creating your landing page.
Spend 30 minutes or so browsing through ALL of the categories on ClickBank. Don’t just pick one or two, but try to create a list that encompasses products from all different genres and niche markets. Finally, you should end up with something that looks like this:
Cash For Surveys
Truth About Six Pack Abs
You need to dominate each product you promote within the article directories. You do this by having MORE articles than your competitors.
Let’s review what we learned.
1. Find a product to promote that shows interest . It is fine if you do some keyword searches before time to practice, but your first priority is finding a product.
2. Conduct multiple keyword searches to find out what search terms people look for when searching for the product you plan to promote.
3. Make sure the product is HOT NOW . You can do this easily by visiting the Clickbank marketplace, which ranks products according to how well they sell. If you find a product you like, but it is at the bottom of the list, or has a bad sales page, do not bother moving forward.
All you have to do is dominate the market by creating great article marketing campaigns and saturating the entire market with fresh, high quality content. For every product you find that you want to promote, you should write 20 articles focusing on relevant keywords! So in 5 days, a working week, you would have 100 articles written and have 5 Clickbank.com products promoted and saturated.
When you have decided what niche markets and/or products you are going to promote, it’s time to complete your keyword research so that you can create articles that offer a blend of high quality content, with relevant keyword phrases.
If you are planning on promoting a specific product, you should also consider integrating both the product’s title and the author’s name into your article marketing campaign, so that you can pull in targeted leads from those searching for information on these products.
If your article marketing campaign ends up being based on a review platform, where you offer detailed information regarding specific products, you will be able to tap into an exceptional customer base of hungry buyers already on the verge of making the purchase but just needing a bit of reassurance.